Monday, March 1, 2010

New Computer!

“Ok everyone (all three of you) I know that it has been months since I updated.  Most of this is because my old laptop finally died about a month ago.  It very periodically will turn on, but for some reason the keyboard didn’t work.  For example, if I tried to type the letter “m”, it would instead display as “Nuweriri123” or something non-sensical like that.  Very annoying.  I think that I can retrieve most of my files.  I didn’t have much important on there anyways so I can’t say I’m that upset.  I love getting online and reading my news, blogs, message boards, and finding podcasts, so I’ve felt really out of the loop lately.  Anyways, my new computer is a Dell Inspiron.  I went to Best Buy 20 minutes before they closed and sort of picked it out on a whim, which isn’t like me at all.  But I liked it as soon as I saw it and I’m still happy with it a whole hour and a half later.  It doesn’t look like anything special but it’s small and simple and all the keys work when I press down on them.  It also has this thing I’m using now, called Windows Live Writer that is connected to my blog somehow.  So I can type all of this out and save it or edit it later without having to connect to the internet.  It’s like Microsoft Word for blogs, I guess.  I figure it will come in handy when I want to blog but don’t have the internet.  I also feel like a genius because I configured my email client all  by myself. 

In other news, I went 10 miles on the stationary bike at the gym today (about a 40 minute ride) which is still not easy for me.  I have been doing an ok job on training but now is the time to step it up.  Only 3 months left.  I am losing weight still, which makes me happy, but in the back of my mind I’m thinking I should be gaining weight (muscle).  I can lift exponentially more than I could in January, so I know that I AM stronger.  And I can see my triceps better.  How exciting. 

I told myself I would try to get all my bike components assembled and ready to ride starting March 1st.  Today.  So of course I’m already late on that.  My bike’s still in pieces but I won’t stress too much about it because there is still a lot of snow, ice, and salt on the roads.  I think I’ll head down to Bike Barn tomorrow or Wednesday and talk to them about assembling my bike and probably getting a new stem and new pedals. 

Ok, it’s 11pm, which in Tara-land means time for dinner. 

No comments:

Post a Comment